Polyurea and Polyaspartic Coatings
What is it?
Polyurea and Polyaspartic coatings are the newest and most cutting edge technology used by flooring professionals. While this specific process has been around for a couple decades for other applications, no other coating can compete when looking at Polyurea and Polyaspartic coating’s realistic physical properties. These coatings have been used regularly for spray-on bed liners, interior pipe coating, liquid containment lining, tunnel coating and fillers for joints.
Due to the extremely fast setting rate, Polyurea and Polyaspartic coating requires special equipment to ensure it is applied correctly; therefore, it is important you use a professional who has the proper training. All Technique Polish & Coatings’ installers have been certified and trained by the manufacturers.
How is it used?
Polyurea and Polyaspartic coatings are used for many different reasons, including: abrasion resistance, corrosion protection, structural enhancement and to provide chemical, environmental or atmospheric resistance. You can also use these coatings to add a decorative element to your concrete floor.
To apply this advanced coating, a TPC professional will create a custom blend specific for the desired area. We will also determine the proper thickness, which will be based off of mil thickness. Due to the fast setting nature of the polyurea, we will work in small batches to help eliminate waste, and imperfections in the coating. The area will be covered, cross rolled then back rolled with an 18” 3/8” nap roller to create the proper mil thickness. Then the top coat or wear surface will be applied to protect this UV Stable application.
Why choose this product?
Not only can Polyurea and Polyaspartic flooring be used anywhere, but it also contains low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), so it produces no toxic fumes during application. Whereas, traditional epoxy systems can produce toxic fumes that last for several hours after the coating system has been applied making this the safest choice.
There are many advantages of using a Polyurea and Polyaspartic coating including:
- Resistant to hot tire pickup
- Extensive and customizable color selection
- Can be applied over a variety of different materials
- Fast Setting
- 20 times stronger than epoxy
- Chemically resistant to salt, oil, gas and other harsh chemicals
- 98% more flexible than traditional EPOXY coating systems, which allows for natural concrete movement,
- More resistant to cracking or peeling
- Environmentally friendly compared to traditional coatings
- Durable in high traffic areas
- Produces very low to zero toxic fumes during application process
- Depending on the formulation, Polyurea can be applied in a wide range of temperatures, from as low as -30°F to as high as
- UV Stable